Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuesday night work 6/7/11

Started off the night throwing 6 bowls for Emma. This past weekend, I sat and trimmed 16 pieces... 6 bowls and 10 plates. It took forever partly because they were too dry and partly because there were so many. It was very hard to maintain my concentration while doing this. Thank goodness for other people in the studio to talk to! And thank goodness I can talk and trim at the same time.

I think that I will limit how many small pieces I throw in the future. 6 at a time or so, because the trimming is such a bore and by the time I get to the last one, I almost stop caring about how they look. Not good for someone who is as particular as I am!

After throwing the bowls, I trimmed a vase. I think July will be vase month. More little plates in between.

Ended the night carving. I know it doesn't look like I've gotten very far on this one. I haven't. It's going to take a lot longer than I expected or planned on. I did discuss using China paints on this piece once it's glazed and fired. That way, I might be able to get some skin tones on the mermaid.

Love doing experiments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment