This past weekend, I went to a lovely Ikebana show and got inspired.
I took a number of photographs of pots and vases and vessels I will make in the future.
I didn't have the energy to make any stacked vases last night, so I decided to start off with some wall hanging vases.
To get the type of tapered shape I like and not have to trim a bunch of clay off, I threw these pieces upside down. Yes, they sort of look like artillery shells right now, but when they are done, they'll be flattened on one side and reversed (the bottom will be the top). The center one was about 1.25 lbs while the others were about 1.5.
This is the biggest one I threw. It's a little over 6 inches tall. I think. Honestly, I can't remember, but it was the biggest last night, made with about 3 lbs of clay.
And, I finally threw some new bases for my mushroom lamps. Once they are done, I'll take a few photos to show you what they are supposed to be.